Make a complaint
If you have an emergency, please phone our Emergency Repair Telephone Number
0800 389 4616
If you would like to complain about our service, you can submit your complaint here
You can read our short guide to making a complaint here.
To view our full Concerns and Complaints Policy, click here.
To view our Complaints Procedure, click here.
The Housing Ombudsman’s Complaint Handling Code
In July 2020, the Housing Ombudsman published a new Complaint Handling Code, setting out good practice that will allow landlords like Arawak Walton to respond to complaints effectively and fairly.
You can read the Code here: The Housing Ombudsman’s Complaint Handling Code (housing-ombudsman.org.uk)
Landlords were asked to self-assess against the Code by 31st December and publish the results. You can view the results of our self-assessment here.
In addition to the Ombudsman’s Code, Arawak Walton’s existing Complaints Policy and Procedure were due for review in 2020, and we have taken the opportunity to undertake this review inline with the requirements of the Ombudsman’s Code.
The review included inviting our Tenant’s Quality Panel members to discuss our existing Policy and Procedure.
As a result of the review we have implemented the following changes to the Policy:
- Incorporated a clear Exclusions section in the Complaints Policy
- Provided more clarity that the complainant may appoint a representative if they so wish
- Implemented an Unacceptable Behaviour Policy/Guidance
- Implemented a Reasonable Adjustments Policy/Guidance
We have also identified the following ongoing actions:
- Begin to record cases which fall under the Exclusions section
- Increase awareness of the Complaints Policy
- Begin to more widely share improvements that have been made