Need some repairs doing?

We provide a dedicated repairs service between 9am and 5pm on weekdays and you can either call us on 0800 389 4616 or call into the office to report repairs or report online here

Looking after your home

What is your responsibility?

We are responsible for the structure of your home and the services in your home – that includes the roof, walls, floors, paths, windows, doors, kitchen, bathroom, electric and heating systems. We are not responsible for decorations, any of the contents of your home or the garden. We are responsible for keeping these things in a good state of repair and you are responsible for behaving in a ‘tenant-like manner’ so the property does not deteriorate more than is reasonably expected.

Recycling & rubbish removal

Find your nearest tip:
You can use Recycling Centres free of charge for waste and recycling from your home. This includes waste from normal day-to-day household activities and DIY projects.

Large item removal:
Your local authority can help with the removal of large and bulky items such as fridges, washing machines or sofas. Please follow the link for your area to find out more:
Stockport or call 0161 217 6111

Home Contents Insurance

Why do I need it?

If you are a tenant who rents, it is unlikely your landlord will cover your contents as part of the tenancy agreement. It’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for in order to help you make an informed decision on whether you need one.

Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen.

To help you decide whether home contents insurance is right for you, Arawak Walton have teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks, and Great Lakes Insurance UK Limited who provide the My Home Contents Insurance Scheme, a Tenants Contents Insurance policy designed for tenants living in social housing.

The My Home Contents Insurance Scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments.

How do you get further information?

  • Call Thistle Tenant Risks on 0345 450 7288
  • Alternatively, please visit the for more information or to request a call back.
  • Go to to find out more and to use our contents calculator to work out the value of your home contents…

Fire Safety in Your Home

Did you know?

- cooking fires are the main causes of fire in the home
- every 6 days someone dies in a fire started by smoking materials
- two accidental dwelling fires a day are started by candles
- faulty electrics cause about 4,000 fires in the home each year

Your local fire and rescue service can carry out a free home fire safety visit where they will test your smoke alarms and give you advice on how to stay safe in your home.

For more information about home fire safety visits or about fire safety in general visit the Fire Kills Campaign website.