Due to freezing weather conditions, a number of our customers are experiencing no water or reduced pressure, caused by frozen pipes in their home. The weather is set to warm up over the weekend and any frozen pipes in your home will begin to thaw. When this happens, some of your pipes may leak or burst as a result of being frozen so it’s worth taking some steps now to be prepared just in case this happens to you.
1. As the temperature rises, check your pipes in any cold places such as the loft or garage – can you spot any water dripping from the pipe?
2. Find your stop tap, which is usually under the kitchen sink and turn it clockwise to turn off the water.
3. Turn off your heating, open all your taps to drain the system quickly.
4. Soak up any escaping water with towels..
7. If water has leaked near your electrics switch them off at the mains.
For more help and advice if you have a frozen or burst pipe head to www.unitedutilities.com/winterwise. Please think about your family, friends or any vulnerable neighbours and share this information with them too.
To report repairs over the weekend to Arawak Walton please use our out of office number which is 0800 389 4616.